|Justin K. Holcombe
Tennessee; Georgia; U.S. Virgin Islands; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; District Court of the Virgin Islands;
U.S. Court of International Trade; District of Columbia Bar (pending).
The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C.
• LL.M. in International and Comparative Law, with highest honors -- January 2005
Duke University School of Law, Hong Kong and Geneva programs
• Participant, Geneva Institute in Transnational Law, July-August 2003
• Participant, Asian-American Institute in Transnational Law, July-August 2002
The Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL
• J.D., magna cum laude, certificate in International Law December 2003
• Order of the Coif
• Member of the Florida State University Journal of Transnational Law & Policy
• Dean’s List; class rank 14 out of 205
• Book Award for the highest grade, A+ in four courses: Land Use Planning (Fall 2002); Professional
Responsibility (Summer 2003); Environmental Law (Fall 2003); Public International Law (Fall 2003)
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
• B.S., Political Science, magna cum laude, minor in Communications, May 2001
• Frank W. Prescott Outstanding Graduating Senior Award; Political Science Club President
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
Dudley, Topper, and Feuerzeig, LLP - dtflaw.com
• Associate -- January 2005 to present
• Actively managed a large and diverse commercial litigation caseload by preparing pleadings, addressing discovery issues, arguing motions in court,
and handling appellate issues.
• Drafted and filed numerous appellate briefs; managed court deadlines; represented clients during court-ordered mediation; provided advice on export law,
international law, and ICC arbitration rules; actively worked on aviation and banking matters.
• Handled court-appointed criminal law cases including appellate work and habeas corpus hearing; coached local high school moot court team.
George Washington University International Institute of Tourism Studies, Washington, DC
Legal Research Assistant to Executive Director
• International law research relating to meeting planner liability, contracts, and arbitration
• Analyses of legal materials, case briefs, and detailed outlining of data.
Uhlfelder and Associates, P.A., Tallahassee, FL
Legal Intern and writer -- Summer 2002
• Statutory and legislative analyses, speech preparation, composition of newspaper articles written,
and drafting various materials used in the lobbying practice
• Solutions for Regulating Offshore Outsourcing in the Service Sector: Using the Law, Market, International Mechanisms,
and Collective Organization as Building Blocks; University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law (Spring 2005).
• Protecting Ecosystems and Natural Resources by Revising Conceptions of Ownership, Rights, and Valuation; Journal of Land,
Resources and Environmental Law (Fall 2005)
• Traveled extensively to over 25 different countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Oceania.
• Interested in technology, media, environmental responsibility, physical fitness and health foods
• Completed legal and undergraduate education in 5 and 1/2 years
RESUME FOR PRINT
Word Document Resume for print or download